BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Guess I Won't Be Shopping...

For a week at least.  I've been having issues with my debit card.  Sometimes it likes to swipe.  Others you have to do the bag thing.  And then on occasion the sales person ringing me out will either have to swipe it on their machine or type in the numbers.  I've been putting off getting a new card because the girl at my bank said it was probably the machines at certain places.  But today I dealt with this annoying little cashier- at the Dollar Store of all places, not Neiman Marcus- who threw her nose up in the air and announced that their machines don't take MasterCard credit card (Uh, it's debit anyway) So I explained to her that she would have to swipe it on her machine (as the other associates at dollar store have done before) she says "Well it's not gonna take it"

Now usually I would have stood there and talked her through the process but since the line was getting kinda long and there were a lot of people, I didn't feel like it....but in the name of never having to deal with another cashier like her again, I went to get a new card.  And get this-- my bank charges $12 (YES TWELVE DOLLARS!) for a new debit card regardless of how long you've had it or what happened to it. Ugh.  $12 is a Forever 21 top. But I sucked it up and paid it.

I don't have a debit card now.  They told me it will take about 7 business days for me to get a new card.  Which I guess is good.  I absolutely hate going to the bank to withdraw money.  My debit card is like my lifeline.  But maybe without it I can get the ball rolling on a no shopping plan?

0 comments: